1. Raffle held in compliance with Ohio Revised Code Title 29, Chapter 2915, (2915.092 Raffles)
2. By obtaining a raffle ticket, you attest that you are a law abiding citizen of good moral character, may legally possess the firearm(s) won, have intention of using the firearm(s) only in a legal and safe manner, and will or have already obtained instruction on the safe use and operation of the firearm(s) won. All state and federal firearms laws will be followed. The buyer should check their state, city, and local laws to ensure the firearm(s) are legal to own in their location before buying raffle tickets.
3. You must be a legal resident of the United States to Purchase a Ticket.
4. Winners chosen by random drawing and need not be present to win.
5. Winning ticket numbers and firearm (or firearms) won will be posted on the website www.usvmcoh.com -- to protect the winner's identity, the winning names will not be posted.
6. Any tickets purchased for the selected raffle will not be added to another raffle
7. Proceeds of the "USVMC-OH Gun Raffle" are applied to USVMC OH Veteran initiative programs to include; but not limited to: Fallen Hero Scholarship Fund, Fischer House, Warrior Weekend To Remember, and other Veterans assistance programs. USVMC-OH is a federal 501(c)(19) non-profit organization.
8. Winners must be at least 18 years old to take possession of a rifle/shotgun, and at least 21 years old to take possession of a handgun. Firearm is NOT TRANSFERABLE --the person designated on the winning ticket MUST claim the Firearm. NOTE: Tickets should not be made out to children below the age of 18, as they will not be able to take possession of ANY firearm.
9.Winners will be notified using the name, address and phone number that the purchaser has written or requested to be on the ticket stub. In the event that USVMC-OH is unable to contact the winner, it is the sole responsibility of the winning ticket holder to contact USVMC-OH to claim prize. ALL PRIZES MUST BE CLAIMED AND TRANSFER COMPLETE WIITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE SCHEDULED DATE THE TICKET IS DRAWN.
10. CHECK SALES. If a check is returned from the bank (insufficient funds, stop payment, etc.), the purchaser will be assessed any fees incurred by USVMC-OH. Returned checks remaining unredeemed after a reasonable period of time as determined by USVMC-OH Board of Officers, may be forwarded to a collection agency with the buyer bearing the additional collection cost.
11. Drawing will be held No Later Than the last day of the Raffle Month or as stated on the raffle flyer.
12. In the event the winner fails to pass an FFL background check, USVMC-OH will draw another winning ticket and continue subsequent drawings until an FFL background check is passed by a purchaser.
13. All firearm transfers will be done through a Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealer, and all applicable Federal and State laws will apply, including the state laws for the legal residence of winning ticketholder.
14. Raffle is void where prohibited.
15. Transfers will be completed by designated USVMC-OH FFL affiliate. USVMC-OH solely reserves the right to change the location and/or dealer for any transfer. Winning ticket holder must make transfer through the USVMC-OH FFL dealer, and in accordance with all applicable laws.
16. USVMC-OH limits all liability to the purchase price of ticket purchased.
17. USVMC-OH is not responsible for illegible handwriting.
18. USVMC-OH makes no warranty of firearms; winner will deal directly with manufacturer if problems arise.
19. USVMC-OH makes no claims of firearms suitability of purpose of firearm won.
20. USVMC-OH limits any and all liability to purchase price of ticket obtained.
21. At no time will USVMC-OH take possession of any firearm involved in this raffle unless they are identified as a winner of the raffle; winners will receive firearms directly from a FFL dealer; all applicable laws apply.
22. In the event the winner needs to or wishes to have the firearm(s) won transferred to their local FFL dealer closer to their residence; shipping and any other additional costs involved with the transfer will be the responsibility of winner, and arrangements must be made directly with the USVCM-OH FFL dealer.